When it comes to prioritizing mental health it can be challenging to know where to start, especially because transforming one’s mental health seems to be an insurmountable feat. However, it doesn’t take much to get one started on the right mental health track. When examining your mental health it’s crucial that you take breaks or steps to recharge. Recharging helps one take the time to rest and be ready for the challenges the next chapter may bring. Here are 9 simple ways to recharge:
- Take a walk outside: the outdoor air holds so much healing power. Simply taking a walk outside can help one recalibrate and also appreciate their surroundings.
- Practice yoga or stretch: the body is connected to the mind and a healthy body promotes a healthy mind. Taking time to care for your body is crucial to making a difference.
- Read a good book: the brain is a muscle meant to be stimulated. A good book can not only give you a break from reality but it also allows one to be educated.
- Connect with a friend: good friends recharge our social battery. We are social beings as humans and we are meant to be in community with one another.
- Write a letter to your future self: how inspiring it can be to focus on your goals! Your future self will thank you for holding yourself to certain goals. Nothing like getting inspiration for who you want to be!
- Aromatherapy: a candle, an oil diffuser, a new perfume– don’t deprive your senses of the care they need too! Nothing like a good smell to ground you to the present.
- Take a nap: our bodies deserve rest! A nice nap can help one reset and sleep can help with brain activity as well.
- Take a bath or shower: Nothing like a clean slate to get one recharged! The body deserves to be cared for and nurtured and a fresh shower or bath can be the perfect way to do this.
- Take a break from technology: Let’s not forget that technology can sometimes be toxic, especially social media. It’s not a true reflection of reality or the life people are really living, instead it promotes negative thoughts and self talk, do yourself a favor, give it a rest.
Hopefully these tasks seem like easy ways to introduce mental wellness to your routine! Mental health is crucial to being happy and successful, don’t forget that.